Monday, February 28, 2011

3 weeks are up...

Tomorrow my three weeks of waking up at 6:30 is at an end.

Guess what??!

I only happened once.

So not kidding here about the making it a year goal.

I was politely asked by my daughter to just sleep in.

She can get ready for school on her own.

Guess I was super crabby that day.

Mornings are not my friend.

I also worked on a "French" theme on our dinners
these last 3 weeks went.

HOW DID IT GO?

My vegetarian child didn't really want to eat anything. My carnivore had issues with "fish" night. Papa was just happy to eat, as always. He did complain of gaining weight. Guess veggies everyday helps when you aren't motivated to go the gym in the am,

The biggest difference in the meals (besides having meat almost everyday) is there was no cheese. I am surprised at how much cheese we went through with the vegetarian meals. Not that I am complaining. I see a vegan month down the line... but not in March. Papa is itching to BBQ.

As a side note, do you remember that rant I had about food assistance being way too much for our family of 4. You will be happy to know it was cut down by half.

No way we are eating duck or lamb this next month.

Well that is not completely true.

I am making stuffed lamb on Sunday,
but only because I had in the menu and this is run over week.

Next three, well 4 weeks I will be having a theme night. Kind of.

Sunday - Crockpot or reheat day (Church at 11 until 2, BLAH!)
Monday - Vegetarian
Tuesday - International Night
Wednesday - Vegetarian
Thursday - International Night
Friday - Vegetarian
Saturday - BBQ (Papa is cooking)

For the kids, the best thing about this layout, international night includes, Cajan, French, Italian-styled, Greek, and most important of all, the option of meat.

The best thing for me the best thing about this layout, international night includes, Cajan, French, Italian-styled, Greek, and most important of all, the option of vegetarian.

The first two weeks will be lined up with some of our high marked vegetarian meals, sprinkled with few all time favorites, and a couple new dishes.

So there really is not big need to add more recipes to my blog, except for once or twice a week.

That doesn't seem like a huge hit.

But this also leads me into my next segment of new.

Using foods to create cleaning products.

I am going to try to make some basic cleaning supplies,
and beauty products,
by using natural food products.

Can not wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Calender of Calm

Jan 1st - 21st Say no to Carbonation...good-bye Soda!
Jan 21st-Feb 8th Vegetables Please...3 weeks of Vegetarian Meals
January 8th - March 1st Early to Rise... 6:30 wake up call for the Nightingale