Saturday, February 26, 2011

Basil Beef and fingerling potatoes


Friday nights supper was yet another, prepare on today to eat tomorrow, meals.

I do not think I like these kinds. Sometimes they are just not worth the hassle, because you are really making 2 dinners on any given day. I am not that kind of a lady to fuss on making all my meals for the week on one or two days and reheating.

Maybe that is because I believe Microwaves kill the vitamins, flavor, and fun.

Seeing that is the only way Papa re-heats food, I try to avoid having to, just in case he is trying to be helpful.

He is lovely like that.

I found the Basil Beef recipe from one of my new favorite shows on the cooking channel. I am so glad that it exists. Food Network has gotten way into the reality show competitions, and bake offs. I like to learn about different foods and preps, and then use it on my family.

simple pleasures in life.

This one wont visit our table again. It was ok, JUST ok. From what I could tell it is meant to be served at room temp. I don't know about you, but I like my food piping hot! I also probably didn't slice it thin enough, and it was not rare enough for my taste.

Can you hear the cow moo??

It may make a nice appetizer, served on a piece of toast, kinda like a bruchetta. That would actually taste really good. Maybe add a slice of mozzarella and tomato and then top with the meat, cause it sat in an olive oil bath.

mmmm that sounds good. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.

Did I mention I am not really liking the whole idea of making food today for tomorrow?

I did?

Well sometimes it is ok, only when I get to eat it the first day to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Calender of Calm

Jan 1st - 21st Say no to Carbonation...good-bye Soda!
Jan 21st-Feb 8th Vegetables Please...3 weeks of Vegetarian Meals
January 8th - March 1st Early to Rise... 6:30 wake up call for the Nightingale