Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cous Cous and Veggies


I pulled this one out of my hat.
It was suppose to be a crisp Cous Cous Salad, with lettuce, tomatoes,
peppers, onions, and something else.
Can't remember.

After I cooked the cous cous, I realized that I was out of half the ingrediants.
Shopping Day can't come soon enough.

So I improvised.

Hopefully none of the next two meals will require anything that I used.

Boil Stock, pour in cous cous, cover and let it sit there. So simple. Then chopping away at anything I could find, we added, Carrots, Zucchini, Squash, Red Pepper.

It was done in less than 20 minutes. Well 30 if you count boiling the cous cous. I did that before I started to actually look at a recipe.

Trying to be proactive and save a step.

Not really my thing.

The result was:

No complaining
Everyone Finished their plates

Their Reward:

Super Bowl Sunday will not be vegetarian. I will be making bbq and hot tenders, and french fries.

I am such a pushover when Football is on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Calender of Calm

Jan 1st - 21st Say no to Carbonation...good-bye Soda!
Jan 21st-Feb 8th Vegetables Please...3 weeks of Vegetarian Meals
January 8th - March 1st Early to Rise... 6:30 wake up call for the Nightingale